Thursday, August 7, 2014

Day 7: Red Lip

Hello Lovelies! Today is day 7 of the 30 day challenge which is a red lip. Red lips are one of my favorite things. They have a wonderful 50's vibe that I adore; however they can be hard to do. The red never seams to stay in its place or the red doesn't seem to complement ones complexion.

To help with complementing ones complexion you need to know the undertone of ones skin. Like I said on day 5 with the dark lips...

  • If you have a cool skin tone find a red with a blue undertone. 
  • If you have a warm skin tone find a red with a orange undertone. 
  • If your skin is neutral then party it up you have got nothing to worry about every color will work for you! 
As for the staying place I find that lip stains are the way to go! They are truly wonderful they dye your lips rather than resting on top of the lips.
  • First you are gonna want to exfoliate your lips 
    • If you don't the stain will apply unevenly and look awkward
  • Next you are gonna apply the color to you lips 
    • I like starting at the cupids bow (right under neath the nose bridge) to define the lips and then filling in the rest of the lips
  • For added shine once the lips are the red you want I apply a bit of gloss to the lips.
For the rest of the face I kept it simple cause I wanted the lips to shine.
  • I put concealer where it was needed and powdered over top to set it.
  • On the cheeks I put a light wash of a coral color.
For the eyes...
  • I did a winged liner with a black liquid liner.
  • Curled the lashes 
  • Applied 2-3 coast of mascara 
Pretty simple look with a lot of drama from the lips. What do y'all think? Are red lips for you as well? Let me know in the comments below and have an exceptional day!


No comments:

Post a Comment